OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE OWENS CORNING “IMAGINE. STYLE. WIN.” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The Owens Corning “Imagine. Style. Win.” Contest (“Contest”) begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) February 15, 2019 and ends 11:59 PM ET August 15, 2019 ("Contest Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Employees of Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC (“Sponsor”), Interrupt, L.L.C., Two Chicks and a Hammer, L.L.C., M.J. Brunner, Inc., Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. The Contest will be subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you (the “Entrant”) can enter the Contest by visiting https://www.ImagineStyleWin.com and creating a style board by selecting an Owens Corning shingles photo from the predefined selection to use as the centerpiece of your style board. Then, complete your style board by following the on-screen instructions, including selecting an exterior cladding, selecting an accent color, and uploading your original photos (maximum four (4) photos) to the assigned locations (multiple photos merged as a single photo upload are not permissible) to create a style board that compliments the Owens Corning shingles selected. Your style board must contain an exterior cladding, a primary accent color and a door image, along with three (3) other images that support the look and feel of your intended style board. In addition, you must provide a style board title (max fifty (50) characters) and style board description (max two hundred fifty (250) characters). Then complete the official entry form by providing your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address and phone number (including area code) and submit together with your style board. The official entry form and style board elements shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Entry". Original photos must be five (5) megabits (MB) or smaller and must be submitted in .jpg or .png format. Entries must be in English only. Submission of erroneous or incomplete information will void the submitted Entry. Limit five (5) Entries per person per e-mail address and per household for duration of the Contest Period. The maximum number of Entries attainable during the Contest Period is five (5). If multiple Entries are received in excess of the stated limitation during the Contest Period from any person or e-mail address during the Contest Period, only the first five (5) Entries received from such person, e-mail address or household will be considered. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Except as otherwise provided herein, Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence with an Entrant regarding an Entry. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Your Entry may not contain any content that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to be:
(a) Vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
(b) derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
(c) violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, weapons or unsafe activities;
(d) promotes any political agenda or message;
(e) appears to duplicate any other submitted Entry;
(f) contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others excluding Owens Corning Material (as defined below);
(g) contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) except for Owens Corning Material (as defined below);
(h) contains any personal identification, such as persons’ names, e-mail addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
(i) communicates messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and brand; or
(j) violates any law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry without prior notice. By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on the Owens Corning Pinterest page or other websites. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below in Sec. 8) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entry/ies by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove a posted Entry at any time.
Sponsor grants you a limited revocable, non-sub-licensable, license to use the Owens Corning name and images (the “Owens Corning Material”) for the sole purpose of submitting your Entry and you may make no further use whatsoever of the Entry for any other purpose. In addition, you agree that all of the right, title, and interest in Owens Corning Material and all derivative works created using Owens Corning Material (including the Entry) are being conveyed to, and shall vest exclusively in, Sponsor, and you will not have or take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to Owens Corning Material except for the limited license granted to you in these Official Rules is being transferred or created.
4. By entering, you represent and warrant that (a) you are the sole owner of your Entry and all rights in your Entry (except for Owens Corning Material); (b) you have the right to submit the Entry and to transfer and assign to the Sponsor rights in the Entry, as described below; (c) your Entry consists of only your original work (except for Owens Corning Material) and no part of your Entry (except for Owens Corning Material) has previously been published anywhere else; (d) you have not granted any person, corporation or other entity any rights to use your Entry; (e) your Entry meets the criteria in Section 3; (f) your Entry does not defame or violate the rights of publicity or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon the publicity rights or privacy of any third person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or other third party rights; (g) your entry is not offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor does it violate any law; and (h) if your Entry contains third party elements not owned by you (except for Owens Corning Material), you have obtained written consent from those owners to submit your Entry and, if requested to do so, you can and will produce such written consent in a form and manner acceptable to the Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof on request may render your Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
Entrants understand and agree that they shall retain all ownership rights in Entry (except for Owens Corning Material); however, by submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify or dispose of any Entry, in whole or in part, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever.
By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many submissions in this Contest and that your Entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in this Contest or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor, and you waive any and all claims you have or may have, now or in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its designees) are similar or identical to your Entry. Except where prohibited by law, you acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to your Entry.
5. Judging: All eligible Entries received will be judged by qualified judges selected by Sponsor as described below. There will be two (2) tiers of judging:
First Tier: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged based on the following criteria to determine the top one hundred fifty (150) Entries, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules:
1) Style board collection invokes inspiration (40%)
2) Quality and composition of individually submitted photos (10%)
3) Creativity and distinctiveness (35%)
4) How well the style board demonstrates the stated title/description (15%)
In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the Entry/Entries which will proceed to the Second Tier based on the above stated criteria. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one hundred fifty (150) Entries to advance to the Second Tier, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. The top one hundred fifty (150) Entries with the highest score from the First Tier, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed “semi-finalists”.
Second Tier: The semi-finalists will then be judged by qualified judges selected by Sponsor on the following criteria to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, and one hundred (100) Second Prize winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules:
1) Style board collection invokes inspiration (40%)
2) Quality and composition of individually submitted photos (10%)
3) Creativity and distinctiveness (35%)
4) How well the style board demonstrates the stated title/description (15%)
Based on the judging criteria set forth above, the one (1) Entry with the highest overall score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner and will receive the Grand Prize as described below in Section 6, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The second highest scoring Entry will be deemed the First Prize winner and will receive the First Prize as described below in Section 6, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The next one hundred (100) highest scoring Entries will receive the Second Prize as described below in Section 6, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the Grand, First, and Second Prize winners, based on the above stated criteria. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines it has not received a sufficient number of qualified eligible Entries.
6. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via telephone and/or e-mail on or about August 21, 2019. If any e-mail to the potential Grand Prize winner is undeliverable, any phone number provided by the potential Grand Prize winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call/message is not received within three (3) days of date of its issuance or the potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected in his/her place. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or the prize may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected in his/her place. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to require potential Grand Prize winner and his/her guest to submit to a confidential background check (further detailed below). If potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules or prize notification is undeliverable, or winner and/or his/her guest does not consent to a background check, the prize may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected in his/her place. Potential First Prize winner will be contacted via telephone and/or e-mail on or about August 28, 2019. If any e-mail to the potential First Prize winner is undeliverable, any phone number provided by the potential First Prize winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call/message is not received within three (3) days of date of its issuance or the potential First Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected in his/her place. Potential First Prize winner may be required, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or the prize may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected in his/her place.
Background check: Sponsor reserves the right to require potential Grand Prize winner and his/her guest to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of participation, to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity will not bring the Released Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest and potential winner, to be considered for the prize must agree to such check and agrees to provide full consent if required. Failure to comply may result in disqualification. Potential winner may be disqualified if he/she has been charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
7. Prizes: Grand Prize package (1): The Grand Prize package consists of a trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest) to Indianapolis, IN on dates determined by Sponsor. Trip consists of the following: roundtrip coach commercial air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport near winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to Indianapolis, IN; standard double occupancy accommodations for three (3) days/two (2) nights at a hotel designated by Sponsor (one (1) room); ground transportation to/from destination hotel and airport and to attend a one (1)-hour personalized Two Chicks and a Hammer, L.L.C. exterior design consultation, including a behind-the-scenes tour of Indianapolis curated by Two Chicks and a Hammer, LLC ; and one (1) $500.00 gift card awarded in the form of a $500.00 pre-paid debit card (for winner only) (certain terms & conditions as specified by issuer apply). Total maximum Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of Grand Prize package is $6,700.00. Actual value may vary based upon location of departure city and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Winner is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, luggage fees, additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute the prize or portion of the prize with one of comparable or greater value. The value of the Grand Prize package is based on the ERV at the commencement of the Contest. No compensation will be offered for any difference in value between stated ERV and the actual ERV at time of prize award. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. TRAVEL CONDITIONS : If winner resides within a one hundred fifty (150)-mile radius of Indianapolis, IN, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. If, for whatever reason, the design consultation or behind-the-scenes tour does not occur, no compensation or substitution will be provided, however remainder of prize package will be awarded, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice at least thirty (30) days prior to travel. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Released Parties are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Guest of winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Guest must execute and return a travel liability/publicity release and consent to a confidential background check prior to travel. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. If potential winner is unable to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, the Grand Prize package will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Time permitting, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to award the prize to the next runner-up. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all travel documents required by airline and comply with all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Winner and guest must comply with all applicable event/venue rules and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to deny admittance or remove winner and/or guest from any event or venue if either engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. First Prize package (1): The First Prize package includes $500.00, awarded in the form of a $500.00 check (ERV $500.00) and one (1) exclusive Owens Corning branded tote bag (ERV $99.00). The Total ERV of the First Prize package is $599.00. Second Prizes (100): one (1) exclusive Owens Corning branded tote bag (ERV $99.00). First and Second Prize winners will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household for duration of Contest Period.
8. By participating, you agree: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of your name, likeness and biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, right of review or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, TWO CHICKS AND A HAMMER, L.L.C, INTERRUPT, L.L.C., M.J. BRUNNER INC., TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, FRANCHISEES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, SPONSOR’S OR ITS DESIGNEES’ USE OF ANY ENTRY OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO). PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable, network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the uploading of photos, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize or winners or for any damage to your or other person’s computer hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, stolen, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by the Sponsor and/or the judges, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Every Entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by you and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or other means or practices which subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such Entries will be void. If the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, or if the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Entrant (and void his/her Entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Contest and at its sole discretion award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the act requiring such suspension or termination using the applicable judging procedure outlined above. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of laws or principals, with venue in Lucas County, Ohio.
9. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, As a condition of participating IN THIS CONTEST, YOU agree that a) under no circumstances will YOU be permitted to obtain awards for, and YOU hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”, Title 9 of the United States Code) UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; C) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGEMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: OWENS CORNING “IMAGINE. STYLE. WIN.” CONTEST – ARBITRATION REJECTION, P.O. BOX 295, GAINESVILLE, VA 20156. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, AND in no event SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys’ fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OPT-OUT OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this CONTEST shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in LUCAS County, OHIO.
11. The names of the winners (available after October 31, 2019) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Owens Corning “Imagine. Style. Win.” Contest - Winners/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than December 31, 2019. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
12. Sponsor: Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC, One Owens Corning Parkway, Toledo, OH 43659.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest.